Giving 学院 the Tools to Teach
UC Davis is dedicated to helping faculty grow as effective educators in undergraduate 和 graduate teaching. Through the Office of Undergraduate Education, faculty members are supported by have access to campus initiatives 和 units that support instruction.
Undergraduate Education is also charged with academic planning in support of course availability 和 classroom management. Academic 技术 Services offers instructional technology and media services, both independently 和 in partnership with Undergraduate Education. Other units that support faculty in teaching include the University Registrar, 毕业 Studies 和 Student Affairs.
Academic advising is a responsibility shared by faculty 和 UC Davis’ professional advising staff. More than half of our students will change majors, many of them transferring from one college to another.
- Office of Academic 指导
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error 和 was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- 绿洲 (Online 指导 Student Information System): Also information about advising committees (technology, assessment, etc.), conferences, contacts, 和 a robust program of workshops, coffee talks, etc.
- Workshops, training, 和 professional development
- 指导 技术: Links to 绿洲 和 the 指导 技术 Task Force
- College academic advising
- 毕业 Student Mentoring at Critical Transitions
- 指导 for international students: Each college has at least one designated academic adviser for international students. The Pre-Arrival Guide for International 学生们 also links to presentations for incoming international students.
- Career Preparation 指导
- This page also has information about advising committees (technology, assessment, etc.), conferences, and a program of workshops, coffee talks 和 contacts.
- Classroom Guide: Listing the 129 campus general assignment classrooms 和 assists faculty in meeting their instructional goals
- Facilities Customer Support Center: Renovations, reporting issues with facilities
- Report a classroom problem
- Scheduling Guide
Grades, courses, textbooks
- SmartSite Course Management: Smart Site is transitioning to the UC Davis 帆布 learning management system starting in fall term 2016. It replaces SmartSite, which will remain available for use until spring 2017.
- Integrated Curriculum Management System: To submit new, update or discontinue course requests; courses published in the General Catalog
- Online Grade-Change Tool
- Final grade submission
- ACE: the Online Tool for Course Evaluations
- General Education Requirements
- New/Modified Course Approval Submission
- Textbook adoptions
- Academic Senate Committee on Course & Instruction
- More resources from the University Registrar
- TA’s Guide to Effective 教学 at UC Davis
- Workshops 和 Communities for TAs
- International 和 Academic English: Information for international graduate students preparing to serve as TAs
- Academic 技术 Services
- Computing resources
- EdTech Commons: 资源 for 教学 with 技术
- Report a problem in a computer classroom
- 学院 技术 Guide
- Center for Educational Effectiveness (formerly the Center for Excellence in 教学 and Learning) offers consultations, workshops, grants 和 other resources.
- Instructional success: Consultations, workshops, grants, teaching communities
- Course innovation: Course redesign, teaching with technology, innovative classrooms, adaptive learning
- Evaluating learning: Testing services, support for assessing student learning
- Educational analytics: Tools for evidence-based decision making in curricula 和 instruction
- Academic Assessment: Consultations, information and tools to for inquiry into student learning and educational effectiveness, inform program improvement, 和 increase opportunities for students to learn
- Instructional Needs Funding
- International 和 Academic English: Consultations 和 publications for faculty needing support for teaching students for whom English is a second language